How Casino Technology Trends Can Improve the Gaming Experience
Like many other businesses recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic, casinos across the country are reopening to players in a safe and healthy manner. While some safety measures have changed for the better, many players are still looking for an improved experience. Some players may feel that due to the new restrictions, they are not getting the same in-house experience they were experiencing before.
Since guest satisfaction is crucial to a casino’s survival, measuring and analyzing customer behavior to learn what they want is key. These casino technology trends can help you give players the experience they are looking for.
Player tracking is critical for casino operators who want to reward players for their loyalty based on frequency of visits, time spent, and amount gambled at the casino. With casino player tracking software, you’ll be able to gather, analyze, and report vital information on your players so you can better provide an experience that suits their wants and needs. Which games are they playing the most? Which reward offers are they redeeming, and which are they ignoring? The insights you gain will help you provide desired rewards such as match play tickets, free drinks and meals, limousine service, hotel rooms, and other perks that are typically comped. You’ll be able to offer specific rewards and benefits to players based on the data you discover in your player tracking system.
For optimal player tracking, you will want an all-in-one system that incorporates such peripherals as magnetic card stripe readers, biometrics, and supports the use of sophisticated player tracking software that allows multi-game, multi-denomination, real-time tracking, and analysis at not only the device level but also at the player level. You could also use mobile tablets for player tracking so a pit boss could manage it for multiple sections rather than just one, which would help combat labor shortages.
Loyalty programs are highly effective in motivating players to frequent casino gambling establishments more regularly and spend more money while they’re there. While your player tracking software can help you determine what kinds of rewards to offer, you’ll also need a casino technology that allows players to quickly and easily check their loyalty point balances — without spending too much time away from the gaming floor. Self-service kiosks are the best solution here, and they can be a great addition to a loyalty program, enabling patrons to check on points, review reward tiers, and print or redeem vouchers.
As the casino industry continues to recover from the pandemic and as more players return to gambling establishments, operators will want gaming systems that can grow with the business. Look for a solution that can provide scalable, upgradeable casino gaming hardware that can easily add components to meet evolving needs and developments such as:
- Adding locations: A single system with centralized management will allow you to track and report on all casino locations from one place, and it will help ensure the consistency of the gaming experience across locations.
- Virtual or online gaming: If ongoing labor shortages mean you can’t find enough dealers, you can implement virtual casino games that use embedded touchscreens and can even stream live table games with real-time leaderboards and tournaments. These options can continue to provide players with the authentic casino atmosphere, even with reduced staff or occupancy restrictions.
- A moveable floor plan: As the business grows and expands with new gaming options, you’ll want a system that’s flexible enough to handle replacing and rearranging casino games on the player floor.
Always being able to scale and improve on your casino will encourage players to keep coming back as there will continually be new and exciting aspects for them to explore in your facility.
You’ll have another advantage if you can use one tech partner that can handle your point of sale (POS), player tracking, and self-service betting or rewards kiosks all together. Maintenance will be simplified, and it will be easier to modify your system while ensuring that all components work well with each other.
These Casino Technology Trends Can Help You Prosper
When you leverage the right casino technology trends, you can make your establishment more player-friendly by:
- Using player tracking data to discover the trends your guests enjoy and feeding into their wants and needs, including benefits specific to their player experience;
- Rewarding their loyalty (and offering loyalty kiosks for their convenience);
- Implementing upgrades throughout your casino to scale up your business.
Build a technology base that not only offers your players the experience they want but also helps improve your background efforts — and your bottom line.